If you have oily skin, you probably know the pain of having to blot your skin every few hours to keep it shine free; the struggle is real! You either just powder your face or T-zone using a translucent fine powder or simply use a blotting paper. Blotting papers aren’t cheap for sure and powdering your face every now and then can cause clogged pores. It is always the best to use natural ingredients on your skin and many would agree to this.
Below is an easy blotting powder you could make using one simple ingredient- oatmeal!
- Oatmeal will balance out the amount of oil in your skin, which will help to reduce acne and other oily skin problems.
- The powder is non-toxic and free of any chemicals
- Keeps skin shine-free for hours and does not clog pores.
- Has skin benefits like softening and anti-inflammatory that keeps skin issues at bay! The powder can also be used on bare skin to heal acne and control sebum.
- Oatmeal has rich anti-oxidant properties that will help repair the skin from the damage due to pollution, UV rays and chemicals.
- If you have sensitive skin, the blotting powder works great in preventing sunburn and/or healing it.
RECIPE FOR BLOTTING POWDER:
Things you need-
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- Water (for washing oats)
- Paper towels
Grab a blender and add in 1 cup of organic rolled oats. Blend it until you achieve fine powder.
Put the powder in a bowl and add in water. Gently pour water out making sure the powder doesn’t fall out. Repeat this 3 more times.
Now, stack paper towels or tissue papers on a plate and layer it with the oats mixture. Keep it in the sun for drying.
Once dried, store the powder in a jar and use it as a blotting powder!
Pro Tip: If you want the powder to smell great or have additional benefits, you can add in few drops of essential oil after the last wash.