Using a conditioner after shampooing is a mandatory process we all do because shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp along with stripping away essential sebum and using a conditioner balances that. Commercially available hair conditioners are filled with silicones and what not; if you want to nourish and condition your hair naturally, here is an amazing coconut oil hair conditioner recipe you need to try today!
Coconut oil- Coconut oil has essential fatty acids that keep hair nourished. Prevents and repairs splits, reduces frizz and adds a healthy shine to your hair.
Lavender essential oil- Lavender essential oil adds a lovely fragrance your hair. It also keeps hair manageable and adds a subtle shine to it.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E oil increases the shelf-life if the product. It also contains essential nutrients ad fatty acids that deeply nourish the scalp and hair and keeps hair frizz free.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE COCONUT OIL HAIR CONDITIONER:
Things you need-
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 5-6 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
In a bowl, add coconut oil followed by lavender essential oil and vitamin E oil. Do not melt coconut oil for this purpose; you need it to be solid to whip it later.
Mix and whip everything well until stiff peaks form.
Add this to an air-tight jar and use as and when required.
To use, apply all over your wet hair after shampooing and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing it off. If you have oily scalp, apply only on the hair length away from scalp.
- If you have oily scalp, use the conditioner only on the hair length.
- This can also be used as a nourishing pre-shampoo treatment, simply apply all over scalp and hair and shampoo it off after an hour.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.