Nut butters make a healthy and tasty addition to any breakfast. You can add them in your smoothies, on pan cakes, in loafs, as a toast spread etc. Nut butters are rich in protein and can instantly make any dish protein-rich. The butters that you get in the market are filled with preservatives, unhealthy oils and sweeteners. You can easily make nut butters at home; after peanut butter, here we are with almond butter recipe:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER:
Things you need-
- 2 cups almonds
- In a pan, add almonds and roast it until golden-brown. You may also roast the almonds in a microwave.
- Put the roasted almonds in a blender or food processor and begin blending.
- Let it run for a few minutes and keep a check on the texture as you blend. You will first achieve a dry and powdery mixture. While you blend it more, the texture becomes slightly damp yet powdery. As you keep blending, the mixture releases oils and becomes buttery and thick.
- Blend until smooth and voila! Your almond butter is ready!
- You can also add in some sea salt and cinnamon for flavour, but I prefer it plain.