Acne and blemishes are something we all struggle with some or the other point of life. Acne usually are very stubborn and even if they heal, leave behind nasty scars. There are a lot of spot treatments and acne gels available in the market that might work but isn’t something you would prefer on a regular basis thanks to the chemical content. Here we are with an all-natural acne gel recipe you need to try today!
Aloe vera gel- Aloe vera is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal in nature. It also has anti-inflammatory property that soothes acne and reduces redness.
Cinnamon essential oil- Cinnamon essential oil is a potent anti-acne ingredient that has anti-microbial properties. It helps heal acne without leaving behind any scar.
Tea tree essential oil- Tea tree essential oil directly targets acne causing microbes and inhibits them. It also cleanses pores thereby unclogging them.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE ACNE GEL
Things you need-
- ½ cup organic and pure aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 7 drops tea tree essential oil
- In a mixing bowl, add aloe vera gel and make sure it is free of any lumps.
- Add in cinnamon essential oil and tea tree essential oil.
- Mix the gel well and store it in an air tight container.
- To use, apply on your facial skin after cleansing and massage it in. you can follow up with a moisturizer.
Note: If you are using homemade aloe vera gel, the product can remain good in the refrigerator for 1 week. We recommend using store bought organic aloe vera gel which contains preservatives and will stay good until its expiry date. Although, if you still want to use homemade gel, add in few drops of vitamin e oil to keep it from going bad for over 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.