Activated charcoal is known for its adsorbing ability and is hence used in beauty and health. Did you know that charcoal can also be used in teeth whitening despite its jet black color? It adsorbs all the dirt and cleanses teeth effectively giving it a brightening effect. Below is how you could make activated charcoal toothpaste-
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIVATED CHARCOAL TOOTHPASTE:
- Helps brighten and whiten teeth
- Helps clear plaque gradually with continued usage
- Coconut oil has anti-microbial effects and is great for dental health
- Peppermint oil freshens up the mouth, reduces bad breath and also has anti-microbial properties.
RECIPE FOR ACTIVATED CHARCOAL TOOTHPASTE:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoons charcoal powder
- Enough coconut oil
- Few drops peppermint oil
- In a bowl, add charcoal powder followed by coconut oil. Also add in few drops peppermint oil.
- Mix it well and use it like usual toothpaste.
- You can also make a bigger batch and store it in an air-tight container.