Turmeric oil is used in a number of beauty recipes and is one of the best natural skin care ingredients. Turmeric oil is beneficial for skin in a number of ways and can help keep it clear, bright and in top condition! Apart from skin care, turmeric oil can also be used to keep your hair strong, dandruff-free and healthy. Before you buy yourself commercially available turmeric oil, try the below homemade recipe-
Turmeric protects and repairs the skin for a flawless bright complexion. It can be used to treat wounds, wrinkles, pigmentation of skin, pimples, acne, psoriasis, cuts, burns and other skin infections.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE TURMERIC OIL:
Things you need-
- 4-5 fresh organic turmeric roots
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin coconut oil
In a blender, add turmeric root and blend it until you achieve a uniform paste. Add the paste to a saucepan and add in coconut oil.
Simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes and turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool down before staining. Strain the oil and store it in an air-tight jar in a cool and dry place. READ MORE – DIY 10 AMAZING TURMERIC RECIPES FOR CLEAR GLOWING SKIN
WAYS TO USE TURMERIC OIL:
- Add few drops in your facial moisturizer, night cream, facial oil etc. Mix a few drops with aloe vera gel to make an amazing overnight face cream.
- Add few drops in your facial massage products and homemade face masks.
- Massage a small quantity of this oil on your face before facial steaming.
- Mix it with your regular hair oil or olive oil for a hot oil treatment for your hair.
- Apply directly on your scalp and hair and wear a shower cap for an overnight treatment.
Caution – patch test before use.