If you want to boost your health with a drink that is rich in antioxidants and is nutritious to the core, choose to sip on the golden creamy nut milk or Turmeric Latte. Wondering how to prepare Turmeric Latte? Well, the recipe is really easy! Keep reading to know why you should be incorporating Turmeric Latte in your regular diet and learn a simple DIY recipe too.
Starting your day with a cup of golden turmeric latte has a gamut of benefits to offer. Check out how, the ingredients that are used to whip up this health drink, work:
- Turmeric, also known as Indian Saffron, is a powerful antioxidant. Curcumin, one of the main components of turmeric, has been recognized for its ability to prevent cancer. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat arthritis and irritable bowel syndrome. A significant part of the health benefits associated with this ‘golden milk’ is attributed to turmeric.
- Almond milk is highly nutritious. It promotes healthy heart, stronger bones and proper functioning of kidneys. Rich in proteins, fiber, minerals, and vitamins, almond milk too has anti-cancer properties. It boosts your immune system naturally.
- Ginger is a popular spice available in every Indian kitchen. It is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties as well as its ability to improve digestion, heart health and brain function.
- Cinnamon is one of the healthiest spices that help treat diabetes and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, it lends a delicious aroma to the recipe.
- Vanilla extract not only lends its distinctive flavour to the recipe, but it is also a powerful antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
RECIPE FOR DIY TURMERIC LATTE:
Things you need:
- 2 cups almond milk (or coconut milk, if you don’t have almond milk readily available)
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Ground ginger- ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon- ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Honey or sugar- as per taste preferences
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree it for around 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a steel pot and heat it on low flame for about 2 minutes. Let it simmer.
- Remove from heat and pour in mugs.
- Whisk with a milk-frother to get that frothy and creamy texture.
- Sip your homemade turmeric latte and enjoy all the health benefits it has to offer!
- If you are taking anticoagulants, do not have this turmeric-based recipe at close timings. Space it out.
- If you are allergic to ginger, you might be allergic to turmeric as well. In that case, you might have to opt for some other health drink.
NOTE: You can make changes in the quantity of ingredients added according to your taste preferences.