Hair perfumes are widely used these days because they give your hair a fresh scent and are best to use when you have skipped a hair wash and instead used dry shampoo and want your hair to smell good. There are a lot of hair perfumes available in the market but they all aren’t safe thanks to alcohol in it that can make your hair dry and rough. Also, who needs chemicals on their hair when you can achieve similar or better results using natural ingredients? Yes, you heard that right! You can now make your own hair perfume and below is a recipe for it:
- Lavender smells amazing just as strong as any perfume and is a great fir for making any hair perfume because the scent lasts all day long.
- Lavender also has natural antiseptic properties that makes it an ideal fit for eradicating dandruff. So you could also use it on your scalp.
- Witch hazel is a natural anti-microbial agent to it keeps your hair healthy.
- Sweet almond oil is a great hair moisturizer and isn’t greasy or oily when used in smaller quantities. Also, it forms a protective barrier on the hair that seals in moisture keeping your hair soft and silky.
RECIPE FOR LAVENDER OIL HAIR PERFUME:
Things you need-
- 1 ½ cup of filtered water
- 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel
- In a bowl, pour 1 ½ cup of filtered water. It is important that you use filtered water to increase the shelf-life of the final product.
- Now, add in witch hazel and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Add in 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil and stir the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and your hair perfume is ready!
- To use, shake the bottle and spray on towel-dried or damp hair.
- The product won’t spoil because witch hazel and lavender essential oil both work as preservatives.
- If you see any turbidity or white particles in the product, throw it away and make a new batch.
- It isn’t necessary to store this in the fridge.