In these stressful and hectic scheduled lives, getting a peaceful sleep is tough! Struggling to sleep at night or getting up in between and watching the clock ticking away with frustration are common insomniac characteristics. Insomnia is a common problem these days and medications aren’t always good! You can get deep and peaceful sleep with some effective natural ingredients too! All you need is some easily available kitchen ingredients. Below is a recipe for banana tea that can put you to a restful sleep in no time:
- Magnesium deficiencies are directly related to restless leg syndrome and muscle cramps during the night, two conditions that can certainly interfere with your sleep. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium that can help you deal with this!
- Nutmeg is a powerful spice which is a natural sleep-aid. It helps soothe the senses and puts you to sleep in no time.
- Regular drinking of the tea before bedtime can treat insomnia.
RECIPE FOR DIY BANANA SLEEP:
Things you need-
- Banana peel of 1 medium sized banana
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- In a vessel, pour 2 cups of filtered water.
- Add in banana peel along with 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg powder. You can add in some cinnamon powder or cinnamon stick for added benefits and flavor.
- Let it simmer on low heat until the quantity of water reduces to 2/3.
- Turn off the heat and let the tea cool down a bit.
- Strain and drink warm right before bedtime.