Soups makes amazing quick meals if you are sick or cannot really eat anything. Also, they make a great food when you have cold and want instant relief. Spinach soup might sound complicated but the recipe really isn’t that lengthy and you only need 5 simple ingredients! Below is a recipe-
RECIPE FOR CREAMY SPINACH SOUP:
Things you need-
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups spinach leaves (washed and roughly chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cream (or more if you like)
- In a saucepan, add oil or butter and sauté onions until golden.
- Add in garlic powder and salt and cook for another few minutes.
- Add in spinach leaves and little water. Put a lid on the pan and let the spinach cook until wilted.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Blend the mixture and pour it again in a saucepan and place on medium flame.
- Add in fresh cream and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Note: If you want the soup to be little spicy, you can add in a dash of red chilli powder/extract while you add garlic powder. You can also substitute water by vegetable or chicken stock.