Shampoos can be a drying agent if you have frizzy and dry hair. If your hair lacks shine and health, all it needs is a boost of moisture and hydration and nothing can work as great as coconut oil when it comes to hair conditioning. You might have tried coconut milk shampoo but ever thought making a coconut oil shampoo? Below is how you could make one:
Coconut oil- Coconut oil moisturizes hair and scalp, penetrates hair follicles nourishing and strengthening them. Coconut oil reduces frizz and makes hair soft and shiny.
Jojoba oil- Jojoba oil is a great hair strengthener and shiner. It forms a protective layer on the hair and reverses hair damage, protects hair from sun and prevents split ends.
RECIPE FOR COCONUT OIL SHAMPOO:
Things you need-
- ½ cup liquid castile soap
- 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (1 tablespoon if you have very dry hair)
- ½ teaspoon jojoba oil
- In a mixing bowl, add liquid castle soap and dilute it with 1/3 cups water. Stir.
- Add in coconut oil and jojoba oil. Mix well.
- Pour the shampoo in a pump bottle and use it just like any other shampoo.
Note: The shampoo stays good for 2 weeks provided the castle soap isn’t near the expiry date.