Homemade shampoo recipes are easy and fun to make. They only need a few natural ingredients to make and will help keep your hair soft and clean without harsh chemicals. Coconut milk is an excellent ingredient for healthy, gorgeous hair. It is a natural cleanser that nourishes your hair and balances the PH level of the scalp. This homemade shampoo contains protein and is great for dry or brittle hair.
- Castile soap makes a great shampoo base because it’s plant-based, pure, all-natural and chemical-free.
- Essential oils like lavender or rosemary promote hair growth, treats dandruff and helps with oily hair.
- Coconut milk is rich in essential vitamins and minerals including Vitamin C and E, making it a superpower ingredient for healthy hair.
- 1/3 cup of organic shampoo / Castile soap or baby shampoo
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (homemade or canned)
- 1 tsp of vitamin e oil
- 10-20 drops of essential oil
Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar except your essential oils and stir gently.
Add 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil or a combination of essential oils and stir gently again to mix the oils well.
Shake well before each use and store in your shower for up to one month.
To use, apply a generous amount to your hair and massage it into the scalp. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes then rinse away completely.
To help balance pH in the scalp, you can rinse off the hair with apple cider vinegar after shampooing.
** Caution **
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with a carrier oil.