Mouthwash is a daily necessity and is important to be used after brushing to refresh your mouth and clean the nicks and corners where brush couldn’t reach. Also, you can use it several times a day if you have odour issues. Mouthwash available in the markets contains strong menthol and alcohol that gives an unpleasant cold feeling in the mouth which most of us don’t really like. Here we are with an easy and super effective cinnamon mouthwash recipe that you can easily make at home-
Cinnamon- Cinnamon is naturally anti-microbial and has great teeth cleansing properties. It also helps prevent cavities, plaque, tartar and also soothes toothache due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Peppermint essential oil- Peppermint essential oil is a well-known mouth refresher and is also anti-microbial in action.
RECIPE FOR CINNAMON MOUTHWASH:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ cups water
- Few drops peppermint essential oil
- Place a saucepan on low flame and pour water in it.
- Add in cinnamon powder and let it simmer for good 15 minutes.
- Let the water cool down and then strain. Add in few drops peppermint essential oil and fill the mixture in a bottle.’
- Use it as a regular mouthwash.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.