Chia seeds are a well-known source of protein but did you know that chia seeds also make a great ingredient in homemade face mask recipes? It is a great skin beautifying agent that helps you keep skin soft, supple and firm. Below is how you could make a face mask using chia seeds for a great skin:
Chia seeds- Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids that keep your skin healthy and glowing. It also helps tighten pores and makes your skin super soft and smooth.
Rosemary oil- rosemary essential oil is a great skin benefiter. It helps improve skin texture and keeps acne at bay.
RECIPE FOR CHIA FACE MASK FOR SOFT AND FIRM SKIN:
Things you need-
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seed powder
- 3-4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- If you do not have chia flour/powder, you can simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder or a regular grinder.
- Add the chia seed powder in a mixing bowl and add in water and rosemary essential oil.
- Quickly mix it to avoid lumping.
- Add in more water if required.
- Once the desirable spreadable consistency is achieved, apply a thick layer over your cleansed skin and lie down to avoid dripping.
- Rinse off after 30 minutes.
- Use the mask every alternate day.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.