Acne and blemishes are very common problems and dealing with it is no fun. There are a lot of facial serums, facial oils, cleansers, masks etc. available in the market for keeping acne at bay or under control but natural ingredients always work the best if you ask me! Activated charcoal is one of the widely used skin-care ingredients that can do wonders for your skin especially if you have acne and clogged pores. Below is how you could make a charcoal face cleanser using just 3 ingredients to keep your skin clear:
Castile soap- castile soap is an all-natural soap make from vegetable oils. It keeps skin soft and prevents drying. More: Honey face wash for soft and clear skin >>
Activated charcoal powder- activated charcoal powder has adsorbing properties and skin detoxing properties that help you get rid of all the skin impurities and unclog pores.
Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent that works as an astringent and keeps your skin clear.
RECIPE FOR CHARCOAL FACE CLEANSER FOR ACNE:
Things you need-
- ½ cup castile soap
- 3 tablespoon activated charcoal powder
- 5-6 drops of pure tea tree essential oil
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of liquid castile soap followed by charcoal powder. Mix well making sure there are no charcoal lumps.
- Add in few teaspoons of water if the soap is very thick. You won’t really need to add water but you can if you prefer thin consistency.
- Add in 5-6 drops of tea tree oil and stir the mixture.
- Pour this in a pump bottle and your charcoal faming face cleanser is ready!
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil or mixed with other ingredients.