Hot chocolate makes a great drink during the colder months and otherwise too. Belgian chocolate is known for its rich taste and makes a great ingredient for making a hot chocolate. If you have leftover Belgian chocolate bars or simply have it in your pantry, you can use it to make this delicious Belgian Hot Chocolate! Without much ad, let’s get on with the recipe-
- 1 ½ cup milk (you can also use half and half or any milk substitute but cow’s milk tastes the best!)
- 100 grams Belgian dark chocolate
- 50 grams Belgian milk chocolate
- 1 pinch salt
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Chocolate shaving, whipped cream etc. for garnishing
- In a saucepan, add milk followed by Belgium dark and milk chocolate.
- Let the chocolate melt. Stir so that it forms a homogenous mixture without any chocolate lumps.
- Add in 1 pinch of salt, few drops vanilla essence and cinnamon if you like.
- Let it simmer and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot hot! You can garnish it with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings, orange zest, marsh mellow etc.