Dandruff and flaking is common and all of us suffer from it, be it a dry scalp or oily scalp. Factors that trigger dandruff are humid weathers, scalp infections, dry winter weathers etc. It can be due to dry weathers causing scaling off of skin cells or humid weathers that facilitate growth of dandruff-causing microbes that can result into itching and severe dandruff. If you have itchy scalp and severe dandruff, aspirin shampoo can help. Recipe below-
Aspirin- Aspirin contains salicylic acid that is used in most of anti-dandruff treatments. It helps eradicate dandruff causing microbes and reduces itching instantly. Aspirin is a great anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff ingredient.
Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil is a well-known anti-dandruff treatment. It inhibits bacteria and fungus that cause dandruff and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Tea tree oil can help with a number of scalp infections.
RECIPE FOR ASPIRIN SHAMPOO FOR DANDRUFF:
Things you need-
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- 5 aspirin tablets crushed to fine powder (uncoated)
- In a bowl, add aspirin powder and pour castile soap over it.
- Mix it gently and add in 5 drops of pure tea tree essential oil.
- Gently stir and pour it in an empty bottle. Use it once or twice a week depending on the severity of your dandruff.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.