Dandruff and itchy scalp is not healthy and if not cared for can cause hair fall problems and yeasty smell. Any shampoo you use only washes off dandruff only to make your scalp dry causing more dandruff. Homemade hair masks always work the best and one such popular anti-dandruff ingredient is yogurt and lemon juice. Below is an easy anti-dandruff hair mask recipe using these 2 ingredients:
Yogurt- Yogurt helps balance scalp pH and prevents bacterial and fungal growth responsible for dandruff. It also moisturizes the scalp calms down itchiness.
Lemon- Lemon is a great anti-dandruff ingredient that helps eradicate dandruff and itchiness. It is both antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil helps inhibit dandruff causing fungus and keeps dandruff and itchiness at bay.
RECIPE FOR ANTI-DANDRUFF HAIR MASK:
Things you need-
- 3-4 tablespoons yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- In a bowl, add yogurt and juice of 1 lemon.
- Add in tea tree oil and mix well.
- Apply the mask on dry scalp and hair and let it sit for 2 hours before using a shampoo.
- Increase the quantity of ingredients according to hair length and volume.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.