Vinegar is a well-known beauty ingredient and is used in a lot of homemade skin care and hair care remedies. One amazing quality of vinegar is that it helps extract potent compounds from plants, fruits and veggies and this quality can be used to make flavored vinegar with additional benefits. Here we are with once such recipe- Aloe Vinegar!
- Keeps skin and scalp clean and free of acne and dandruff.
- Calms scalp and skin because of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Adds healthy shine to hair.
- Balances skin and scalp pH.
RECIPE FOR ALOE VINEGAR:
Things you need-
- 2 cups white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, whatever you prefer
- Handful chopped aloe leaves (dry leaves makes the product last longer than with fresh leaves)
In a jar, add vinegar and toss in aloe leaves. Fresh aloe leaves shortens the life span of final product as it has greater water activity. If you are using fresh leaves, the product needs to be stored in the fridge for 1 week.
Put an air-tight lid and place it in the dark for about 3 weeks.
Strain and your aloe vinegar is ready!
WAYS TO USE ALOE VINEGAR:
- Use it as a toner, in homemade face mists and masks.
- Use it in homemade hair masks, shampoos or as a last hair rinse.