If you are lactose intolerant or simply do not have a liking for dairy products, nut milk can be a great option! Also if you prefer vegan food, almond milk can be used in almost any dessert or food that calls for milk. Also, it is very easy to prepare and tastes delicious!
RECIPE FOR ALMOND MILK RECIPE
Things you need-
- 1 cup soaked almonds (overnight)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Soak almonds overnight so that they are easy to blend. Soaking also activated the enzymes, making the final product nutritious.
- Add them in a blender with 2 cups of water and blend until mushy.
- Add the mixture in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the milk. If you do not have muslin cloth or cheese cloth. Press the mixture on a strainer.
- You can add few drops of vanilla essence in your almond milk if you like. I skipped adding vanilla essence because I wanted to use this in another recipe that already had vanilla essence as an ingredient.
- Have it as it is with little honey or use it in recipes.
Storage: Refrigerate almond milk to make it last for good 10 days.