If you are on a low-carb diet or simply want to avoid eating self-rising flour, almond flour and coconut flour makes a great option! They can be used in a variety of cake and cookie recipes and can also be used to make healthy breads. Store bought almond flour is quite expensive (at least here in India) and making it at home can be comparatively cheap and does not require a lot of efforts. Without much ado, let’s get on with the recipe:
Things you need-
- Hot water (to blanch the almonds)
Blanching the almonds:
- In a bowl, add all the almonds and pour in boiling water.
- Let the almonds soak in for exact 1 minute.
- Drain the water and peel off the skins.
- Let the blanched almonds air dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Making the flour:
- In a grinder (coffee grinder could work too) add the almonds and grind until well powdered.
- Do not go over with the grinding or you might end up with almond butter which you’d not want.
- Your almond flour is ready! As an extra step, you could sieve the flour to achieve fine flour according to your preference. The residue can again be ground and sieved.