If you have sensitive skin, you probably get sun burns quickly. Long hours under the sun can make your skin red and inflamed. Heading towards the beach but worried about sun burn? We got you! There are a lot of skin calming gels and products available in the market and also sunscreens but you can still be left with painful sun burn marks, especially if you have over-exposed or if you have very sensitive kin. Below is an easy DIY after-sun skin calming gel you can make using all natural skin calming ingredients:
Aloe vera- Aloe vera has natural skin cooling and calming properties. It also is a natural skin healer that heals your skin and reduces redness and inflammation.
Coconut oil- Coconut oil nourishes your skin and heals it. It also prevents peeling and dryness.
Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar is balances skin pH. It also has skin calming properties and anti-microbial effects.
RECIPE FOR AFTER-SUN SKIN CALMING GEL:
Things you need-
- ½ cup organic aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoon organic and edible coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, add aloe vera gel and add in melted coconut oil.
- Add in apple cider vinegar and give it a quick mix.
- Store the gel in an air-tight container and in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- To use, simply take a small amount and apply generously on the sun burnt area. Mix it before every use