If you have oily scalp or if you like to have bouncy hair, probably you already own a dry shampoo. Dry shampoos contain a lot of chemicals and can cause scalp acne or product build-up with time. Also, dry shampoos are expensive. How about making your own dry shampoo at home with added hair growth benefits? Yes! You heard that right. Below is an easy 2-ingredient dry shampoo that can add a bounce to your hair and also stimulate hair growth:
Things you need:
- ½ cup corn starch (absorbs excess oil)
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil (hair growth properties)
In a bowl, mix together corn starch and rosemary essential oil. Mix thoroughly.
Store this powder in an air tight container.
Using a kabuki brush or fluffy brush, dust the dry shampoo on your scalp and massage using finger tips. Tease your hair for extra bounce!
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil or mixed with other ingredients.